Charities are selected by the fans, and every six months two new charities receive the donations collected on Fandom Rocks. Learn about all the charities Supernatural fans have contributed to by visiting this page often.
Donations to the Investigations Fund are used to:
- Provide investigators the latest technology in surveillance equipment, evidence documentation, and research tools.
- Give investigators the capability to travel domestically and internationally during investigations.
- Hire additional trained investigators.
- Outfit those investigators with the training and field support they need to document animal abuse in a variety of situations.
- Allow investigators to access, document, and expose egregious cruelties found in industries and underground activities such as the fur industry, animal fighting pits, factory farms, and puppy mills.
Every year, millions of animals suffer, out of sight and out of mind from the public. You can put a dedicated, powerful team of investigators on their side with your gift to the Investigations Fund.
Children for Tomorrow is a non-profit foundation with the goal of supporting and initiating projects that provide assistance to children and families who have become victims of war, persecution, and violence.
Campaign #4 has completed successfully with $1500 USD raised for the two charities! Fandom Rocks would like to extend our gratitude to everyone who supported this campaign in a tough economic time.
WriteGirl is located in Los Angeles, California. Created in 2001, they strive each year to achieve their mission – “within a community of women writers, WriteGirl promotes creativity and self-expression to empower girls.” WriteGirl’s extensive goals include:
- To introduce girls to a wide variety of writing genres;
- To teach a robust set of writing and critical analysis skills;
- To encourage girls to explore and develop their creative talents, both written and oral;
- To nurture girls and promote healthy behaviors and life choices through positive mentoring relationships with women writers;
- To assist girls in preparing for college;
- To inspire girls to pursue careers in writing, such as journalism, public relations, screenwriting, songwriting, corporate communications, publishing, website content producing, editing or creative writing;
- To equip girls with communication tools to confidently navigate the challenges they face; and
- To produce a full slate of program activities throughout the year so that we may serve as many girls as possible.
Invisible Children has staff in the United States and Uganda. Their mission is to “use the power of stories to change lives around the world.” The programs developed by Invisible Children address the need for:
- quality education,
- the redevelopment of schools,
- resettlement from the camps,
- and financial stability.
Campaign #3 has completed successfully! The final total was $9000.00! Thank you for making this a success!
The Lawrence Humane Society is located in Lawrence, Kansas. Their mission statement states:
- The Lawrence Humane Society acts as advocates for animals.
- We believe in the value of humane attitudes toward all living creatures.
- We shelter stray, orphaned, and unwanted animals in our community.
- We strive to place all animals in responsible, permanent homes.
- We work to reduce births of unwanted pets, to eliminate cruelty and neglect, and to promote kindness toward all animals.
- We educate our community and assist in the enactment and enforcement of laws relating to humane care of animals.
The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund provides financial assistance to:
- Marines and Sailors injured in combat and in training
- Other service members injured while in direct support of Marine units
- Their families to help defray the expenses incurred during hospitalizations, rehabilitation, and recovery.
This assistance is in the form of a grant with no expectation of repayment. Grants may help with immediate financial needs such as travel, childcare, lodging or problems resulting from lost family wages. Assistance is also given for long term needs such as modified homes and vans.
“Our goal is to alleviate the financial burden placed on the family so that their focus can be on their loved one’s recovery.”
Campaign #2 has completed successfully! The final total was $2350.00! Thank you for making this a success!
The inaugural charities for Fandom Rocks were Lawrence Community Shelter and SOS Children’s Villages. Lawrence Community Shelter is located in Lawrence, Kansas, a real community that Supernatural’s fictional family of evil-fighters called home. SOS Children’s Villages is an international organization focusing their work on neglected and abandoned children and orphans, as well as disadvantaged families.
Campaign #1 has completed successfully! The final total was $2446.11! Thank you for making this a success!